5.02.2007

Sweet & Sour Chicken

I just made this the other night and it is easy and yummy. I am sure you can add some good things to it to your liking (like peppers or onions or whatever). Then make some fried rice and you got dinner!

4-6 chicken breasts, cubed
2-3 beaten eggs
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. corn starch
some salt

Combine flour, corn starch and a little salt in shallow dish. Dip chicken in eggs then coat with flour mixture. Brown chicken in pan with a little oil. Put in baking dish.

Sauce:
4 T. Ketchup
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1/2 c. water
1 T. soy sauce
1 dash garlic salt

Stir sauce ingredients together over med heat in saucepan until sugar desolves. Pour sauce over chicken and Bake at 350 for 30 min. I also add pineapple chunks.

You may all have great fried rice recipes, but this one is easy and good if you don't.

Fried Rice

2-3 c. cooked rice, chilled
1 1/2 T. butter (I sometimes add bacon and if I do I use less butter)
3 T. soy sauce
2 beaten eggs
1 c. frozen peas and carrots, thawed

Heat butter in large skillet/wok. Add eggs & scramble. Add rice and soy sauce, heat one min. Add peas and carrots. Heat another min.

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

The Scotts said...

Thanks for the recipe ANH. We tried it and loved it. I felt like a chef!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...