6.19.2007

Never Fail Pie Crust

1 Cup Shortening
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Cold water
1 TBSP Vinegar
1 Egg

Mix flour, salt and shortening; cut to size of pieces with knife. In separate bowl beat egg; add water and vinegar to the eggs. Add the egg, vinegar and water to the flour mixture--mix well.

Makes 2 crusts. Bake at 350 until edges are golden brown or according to baked pie directions. If you are baking just the shell, fork and then place parchment paper and dry beans in the bottom to keep from bubbling while baking.

3 comments:

Marc and Jaime said...

I have been looking for a good pie crust recipe. This one is different than any other I've ever seen. Usually when I make pie crusts the turn out too dry. I can't wait to give this one a try!

Marc and Jaime said...

P.S. Is this for a one-crust or two-crust pie?

RACHIE said...

This is for a one-crust pie. I use it during the holidays for all my pies. Good Luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...