7.19.2007

Macaroni Grill's Penne Rustica



Ingredients:
12 oz. grilled chicken breast (marinate in olive oil and garlic salt overnight, then grill on barbecue for best flavor)
½ pack thick bacon
48 oz. (3 boxes) penne pasta
2 large red bell peppers- diced
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
½ tsp paprika

Gratinata Sauce:
2 tsp butter
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 cup marsala wine OR 1/3 cup apple juice + 2 tbsp red wine vinegar +enough chicken broth to equal 1 cup
1 tsp dijon or dry mustard
1 tsp salt1 tsp chopped rosemary
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
8 cups heavy cream

Directions:
Sauté garlic in butter in large pan. Add marsala wine, mustard, salt, rosemary, cayenne pepper, and heavy cream.Cook pasta according to directions. Cook bacon. Slice chicken into medium-bite size pieces.Combine sauce, cooked pasta, diced chicken, cooked bacon, bell peppers, parmesan cheese, and paprika and mix thoroughly. Spread in pans. Top with chopped rosemary and mozzarella cheese.

Bake @ 475 for 10 minutes. If frozen, thaw in refrigerator the day of. Cover with foil and bake @ 375 for 1 hour. Remove foil during the last 15 minutes.
Number Of Servings: Yields one 8x8 and two 9x13 casserole dishes.
Preparation Time: More than an hour



This recipe is delicious. I usually make when I am taking a friend or neighbor dinner, or hosting family dinner at my house since it makes SO much! Enjoy!

7 comments:

Chappell Family said...

This is my husband's fav. meal!!! Thanks for posting, I'm excited to try!

Sarah said...

ok, so I am not a member of your group...but I DO read the recipes on here and use quite a lot of them. I am Amy Chappell's sister in law and just wanted to say thanks for this recipe. I made it tonight and it is delicious. Definite A+!

Kara, Garrick and Rylee said...

I too am not a member of your group but love this blog, so many great recipes! Anyway, i made this pasta the other night and it was SO delish, but i was just wondering if you are supposed to simmer the sauce after adding the cream or if it's supposed to be a thin sauce. Thanks!

Nicole said...

This looks so good! :) I love your title "Pimp my Food". lol

Jenn W said...

I just made this for our dinner and a friend. It is sooo good. I used a whole package of bacon though. Can't wait for dinner tonight.

emstretar said...

The spices seem minimal for 3 lbs of pasta... I'm curious how this will turn out flavor-wise but the reviews look
Good so I'll try!

Blogger said...

BlueHost is one of the best hosting company for any hosting services you might need.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...