10.14.2007

Pumpkin Cookies

These babies are MONEY! When we lived in L.A. Sam's office held this annual auction for charity and everyone went crazy ... these pumpkin cookies sold at $50 per dozen.

1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 C. quick oats
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4. tsp. nutmeg
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 egg
2 Tbsp. oil
1/2 C. mini chocolate chips (optional - but I always like adding)

Frosting:
powdered sugar
orange juice (no/low pulp)

In a large bowl, mix cake mix, oats and spices. In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, egg and oil. Pour pumpkin mix into dry mix; add chocolate chips. Mix until just moistened. Drop onto lightly sprayed cookie sheets, large spoonfuls. Slightly flatten with spoon (they don't really spread, more like puff up). Bake at 350 degrees for 20 mins. For frosting, mix with a mini rubber spatula sugar and orange juice until it gets to a frosting consistency. Make sure to use a tiny bit of orange juice at a time and add a little more as needed. Spread over cooled cookies.

7 comments:

Abecka said...

oh my goodness, they look SO yummy!!!

The Martin Family said...

the ingredients list doesnt list flour, but the directions have flour included... is there supposed to be flour in this recipe??

that girl said...

the first ingredient is a box of yellow cake mix ... there's flour in there.

that girl said...

and i took the extra flour part out of the instructions. thx

Erin and James said...

my friend made these the other night for an FHE thing, they were the most amazing thing, everyone was raving about them and couldn't eat them fast enough! Thanks for this recipe!

Spina said...

Those look so delish, I'm going to have to make them!
I found your blog from my sister Mandee's blog...hope you don't mind! I need all the help I can get in the dinner dept!
Thanks!

Kira said...

I linked this from Rachels' site. I made these today. I had leftover baked sweet potato from dinner last night. I used it as a sub for the pumpkin. They were GREAT! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...