2.26.2008

Pei Wei Spicy Salad (Copy Cat)


This is one of my favorite out-to-eat dishes. It is a yummy fresh salad with spicy chicken (and sauce) and a lime vinaigrette. Here is how I get my fix when I am out of reach of a Pei Wei. Feeds 3-4 adults.

Salad
1 - 2 heads Romaine lettuce
2 tomatoes (chopped)
sugar snap peas (halved)
1 carrot (chopped)
3 sprigs basil (chopped)
1 bunch green onions (chopped)

Spicy Chicken
Frozen orange chicken (I use the stuff from Costco)
spicy hot sauce - optional

Cook chicken according to the package directions. Drench chicken in the orange sauce and add hot sauce to taste.

Lime Vinaigrette
juice from 2 limes
2 T. water
1 T. sugar
salt and pepper to taste
oil

Combine lime juice, water, sugar and salt and pepper. Slowly add desired amount of oil while stirring.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm new around here. Hope ya'll don't mind me crashing your party because this food looks fantastic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...