4.18.2008

Strawberry Jam Review



I got a great deal on Strawberries this week. Being the not so bright girl I am I bought 2 flats and thought I would make up our jam for the year or so. After 6 types of jam/ 35 bottles, freezing 5 pounds, and eating 2 pounds this week, I am beginning to think 2 flats was a lot. I am ready though now to review the strawberry jam recipes I tried. My little boy loved this banana split one (you can see from the pic he especially loved "helping"....ah, the joy of 2 year old helpers :). I really liked the flavor of this cooked Canadian jam. The DH was a big fan of the different twist with this Pineapple- Strawberry jam. We all really liked this low sugar one:
3 large bananas
3 cups crushed strawberries
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 pouch pectin
pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Put bananas on a baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes. Cool, peel, crush. Measure 1 cup of banana (i just threw the rest in too). mix with berries and sugar in a medium bowl. Let stand 15 minutes. Mix in pectin for 3 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Put in jars, label and freeze.
All in all I think we pretty much decided... strawberries and sugar....YUM!

3 comments:

Nelly said...

Tatum, Hi it's Danielle Wilson (Longenecker). I hope you get this comment. I just wanted to say hi and see how you are doing? Hope all is going well. Hey my blog is bubandnelly.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

So I'm wondering what on earth you put the jam with chocolate syrup inside it on. Ice cream?

Kira said...

It is not really that chocolatey. It is good on toast, ice cream, pb&j. Whatever :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...