9.10.2008

Bananas Foster Buttermilk Syrup

This is inspired by a Paula Deen recipe I saw on TV last week while I was really hungry. Here is my version:

Top your favorite plain old pancakes, waffles or french toast with the following syrup extravaganza.

1 cube butter
¾ c. BROWN sugar
½ c. buttermilk
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla or rum extract
sliced bananas
chopped walnuts or pecans

Over medium heat, melt butter and sugar. Once melted, add buttermilk. When it begins to boil, remove from heat and add soda and extract. Stir all together.

You can then add the bananas and chopped nuts to the syrup or top the pancakes with them all separately.

1 comment:

Niki (Crum) Worthen said...

pimp my dinner is off the heezy!!!! i've seen you before, a while ago, but totally forgot about you until i saw you on someone's blog just now. you've solved all my dinner/ dessert problems. thank you!! i'll be checking back often.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...