9.23.2008

Oven Fried Eggplant



We are not huge eggplant fans but when my sister gave us some out of her garden we gave this a try. It got the highest rating on recipezaar for eggplant, over 150 reviews. It is originally a Cooking Light recipe. My 2 year old LOVED this. My Husband thought I didn't make enough. We will do this one again and again.

1/2 cup light mayo

1Tbsp minced onion

1lb eggplant peeled and sliced (1/2 " slices)

1/3 cup bread crumbs

1/3 grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning

Vegetable cooking spray

-mix mayo and onion

-mix bread crumbs, cheese, and Seasoning

-dredge in mayo mix then in crumbs

-put on silpat, or sprayed pan

Cook at 425 for 12 minutes, then turn and cook another 12 minutes.

3 comments:

Amara said...

reminds me of the Laurel's recipe I use. Really good with a marinara sauce for dipping too.

Grégoire said...

This is going to look really silly to all you professional homemakers, but I'm grateful for this recipe.

I don't know how I found this joint (this blog probably had some casual hyperlink connection with Mormonism or St. George, Utah; originally) but this recipe makes a day of casually browsing blogspot worthwhile.

I had this dish one time, in (you guessed it) Salt Lake City. It was fantastic. That was in the early 1990s.

In the back of my head the idea of making it was always kicking around there, every time I saw those shiny purple-black monstrosities in the supermarket, but I knew not how...

Sophie said...

WOW (impressed look). Your eggplant dish looks so yummy.

Here I bought a sauce pack for Sauce for Spicy Garlic Egg-plant so as to skip all the seasonings! and i will try this friday after work.
http://yummiexpress.freetzi.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...