12.27.2008

Favorite Waffles!!!


Okay, so I've had this waffle recipe I've used since we've been married...and today I decided to change it up a bit. I've swapped out the oil for non-fat plain yogurt before and have loved it, but this time I added the vanilla. Woah, boy! It was so delicious!!! The kids don't usually eat all the waffles on their plate, but this time, they ate what was on their plate PLUS seconds! So, in my opinion...they're miracle waffles! But don't take my word for it...try it yourself! We like to top with mixed berries and whip cream.
FAVORITE WAFFLES
2 eggs, separated
1 1/2 c. milk
8 oz. plain non-fat yogurt
1 3/4 c. flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat waffle griddle. In a small bowl beat the egg whites until stiff (not dry) and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Continue beating adding milk, yogurt & vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Beat until just smooth. Fold in beaten egg whites. Let sit for 5 minutes before cooking. ENJOY!

1 comment:

Kira said...

Lisa, we made these for my nephews the other day... they were a big hit. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...