5.17.2009

Granola Bars

Lee has a thing for the vending machine. It isn't good for his waistline or wallet. I made these and he has taken one (I cut mine bigger) everyday. He likes them and I figure it will save me about $20 a month! :)

4 cups quick cooking oats (I used reg)
2 cup wheat flour
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup wheat germ
1tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 cup canola oil
1 cup honey
2 eggs
4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter chips (I used Craisins)
1 cup chocolate chips (I used white choc)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large jelly roll pan (12x17 ish) with aluminum foil, and spray with Pam

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. You may need to mix with your hands. Press evenly into the prepared baking pan.3. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Let cool about 5 minutes in the pan. Turn out onto a large cutting board and peel off foil. Cut with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. I usually cut 40 (4x10 rows). Let cool a bit more and then individually wrap with saran wrap. These freeze well. You can substitute the chocolate and peanut butter chips with your choice of add-ins. We have enjoyed chopped pretzel pieces with chocolate chips, Craisins and almonds, white chocolate chips with macadamia nuts, coconut and raisins. Be creative and enjoy!

1 comment:

Team Jensen said...

Ohhh! I'm so glad you're sharing this! Thanks! Looks yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...