5.26.2009

Lisa's Broccoli Salad

We had a BBQ yesterday and Lisa (the same one that has brought us many other recipes here) came and brought her broccoli salad. I have to say it was the yummiest Broccoli salad I have ever had. She got the main recipe out of "The Essential Mormon Cookbook" (a great cookbook if you don't have it) but she tweaked it a little. I think I have those tweeks here.
Broccoli Salad
2 bunches of fresh broccoli (she used some broccolini)
1 med purple onion finely chopped (she did it way more fine then I ever do and it was great!)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
6 strips bacon cooked till crisp and crumbled
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (she used slivered almonds, marvelous)
1/2 cup raisins (she debated craisins which I also think would be good)

Mix together, adding bacon and dressing right before serving.

Dressing:
1 cup mayo
2 Tbsp Red vinegar
1/2 cup sugar (we both thought it would be better with 1/4 cup)
1/2 tsp salt
chill dressing at least one hour before tossing with salad

1 comment:

Team Jensen said...

You're so cute, Kira! I LOVED this salad, too! To get my onions finely chopped like that, I used my Pampered Chef Food Chopper. BEST kitchen tool EVER!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...