12.02.2009

Cherry DeHeather Salad

I got this recipe from my friend Heather Luley while we lived in Evanston. It is by far my favorite salad. I love sweet and savory salads and this one is the best! It is really simple. I always have this dressing in my fridge. And I keep a container of homemade candied pecans in my pantry so I can whip this out in minutes.

Source: Heather Luley

1/2 c. pecans
3 T sugar
8 cups lettuce (I use spring mix)
1/2 c. feta cheese (crumbled)
1/2 c. dried cherries
1 small red onion (sliced or diced)

Dressing
4 T raspberry vinegar
1/2 t. Tobasco sauce
1/2 c. oil
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 T dried parsley
4 T sugar (or Splenda)

Carmelize pecans with sugar. (Stir in frying pan over medium heat until sugar melts).

Whisk together dressing ingredients.

Toss greens, feta cheese, dried cherries, onion and sugared pecans. Pour dressing over salad just before serving.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I LOVE this too and I love that we changed the name in Heather's honor. That's what I call this salad too. I will never forget when we all got together at your apt. to make valentines and she made this salad, along with the yummy BBQ chicken pizza from Adrienne and the mini cheesecakes from you and the soup from Carolina! YUMMY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...