11.17.2011

Sweet Potato Souffle

Thanksgiving is coming up and I am going to make yours a whole lot yummier. Sweet potatoes used to be one of those items that I would skip. This was probably because they were usually topped with marshmallows and that just isn't my thing. Then one day for Bunco we decided to do a Thanksgiving feast and my friend brought these sweet potatoes straight from heaven. Seriously, it is a vegetable disguised as the yummiest dessert. Delicious mashed sweet potatoes, fluffed with butter, milk and eggs then topped with brown sugar and pecans and of course more butter. Make this and your whole family will thank you. Mine did, and it became everyone's favorite thing on their plate.

I didn't have a picture but this is what it should look like.


Sweet Potato Souffle

½ cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1/3 cup milk
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
1/3 cup margarine or butter
½ cup flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans

Combine sugar ½ cup butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl and mix well. Add the sweet potatoes and mix until smooth. Spoon into a 2 quart baking dish. Melt 1/3 cup butter/marg in sauce pan. Combine with flour, brown sugar, and pecans in a bowl and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes, bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

NICE INTRO, YOU'VE GOT ME... I'M DEFINITELY MAKING THIS!

AaReAn said...

I saw that you commented on Cup of Jo's giveaway for the necklace...I am doing a similar one & I think you would love it! Come check it out...

xoxo
Aarean

colorissue.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...